Beginning of the Year FAQ's
How do I report my student's absence?
- Call the school office at 734-424-4160 option 1
- Make sure to include the name of the student, the teacher, the reason and the date.
- It is helpful to email the teacher in case of missed work.
Do I need to call in my student if they will be late?
- Please call in your student if they will be coming in late. If they will only be a few minutes late, you do not need to call. If they are going to be 15 minutes or more late, please call the office.
What do I need to do to pick up my student early?
- If your student already knows they are leaving early, make sure they bring the office a note. When you get here, call the office or come to the front door and we will send your student out.
- If your student does not already know they are leaving, please call the office at least an hour before you are coming to get them. This allows us time to find the student to get them a note to come to the office.
Where do I go to pick up my student for early dismissal?
- You may park in the front drive to pick up your student early if it is between 8am and 2:45pm.
Where do I go to pick up or drop off my student at the beginning or end of day?
- If you are dropping off your student at 7:30-8:00 am or picking up between 2:52-3:30pm, please only use the parking lot by Al Ritt Field. We have a system in place for dropping off and picking up students. The front drive is reserved for buses at those times.
- If you are going to be dropping off before 7:30am or picking up after 3:10pm, we will not have supervision for your student. The only time there is an exception is if they have a meeting with a teacher before or after school. If you are later than 3:10pm your student should be in the front office waiting for you. You can pull in the front drive as long as there are no buses present to pick them up at this time.
How do I let the school know of changes to end of day plans?
- If possible, please call for any changes to end of day plans at least one hour before the end of the day. This will allow us time to find the student to get them a note.
What do I do if my student needs medication during the school day?
- Use this form: Parent's Request for Administration of Medication at School
- This form and the medication should be brought to the office by the parent.
- Most medical questions can be answered on the District Nurse page. Feel free to reach out to the office secretaries with any questions.
Phones should be off and away during school hours. Student should ask their teacher for permission to come to the office to call home.
Item drop off:
If your student forgets an item (lunch, gym clothes, water bottles, instruments etc.), we have a table right inside the front door you can leave the item on. Please make sure all items are labeled with the students name.
Lost and Found
We understand students misplace items. We do have a lost and found table. Please encourage your student to review the items on that table often. We do donate anything left over at the end of the school year.
Who do I contact with technology questions?
- If your student has issues with their chrome book, they can bring it to the technology office here in the Creekside building.
- If you need to direct help: Parent/Student Tech Help Request
What do I do if I do not know my (student or parent) Powerschool login?
- Contact the office secretaries and we can get you that information. We can always reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- If there are glitches or problems we can work with our student information systems specialist to fix it.
How do I check my students grades?
- Student grades can be seen on the Powerschool website (all students) or the Summit Platform (for Summit students only).
- To get to powerschool: Powerschool Parent Login
- If you do not know your login, see above on how to get it.