- DCSD APP
- Yearbooks & School Photos
- Google Classroom
- Reproductive Health
The Dexter Community School District (DCSD) Blackboard App is a great way to stay informed about goings-on at school:
- Receive notifications regarding weather-related school closures, scheduled days off, and other urgent news;
- Access the following functions: deposit lunch money, pay athletics fees, pay PaySchools charges;
- Log In to your grade 5 & up student's PowerSchool account;
- Search the Dexter Schools phone and email directory quickly;
- Quickly view lunch menus.
In addition to district news, you can subscribe to updates from individual buildings. Go to Notifications, then click the gear icon in the right top corner of the screen to select the news you want to be notified about. All your news updates are in one place.
This app is available for anyone who wants to follow Dexter goings-on! Student information is only accessible by parents. Find the DCSD Blackboard app in the App Store or on Google Play.
How do I change my address/phone number/email?
- To change your address, complete the one change of address form for your entire family and return it, with proof of residence at the new address, to your building secretary or to the main offices at firstname.lastname@example.org, confidential fax: 734-424-4112, or mail to ATTN: Superintendent's Office – Bates School 2704 Baker Road Dexter MI 48130.
- To change your phone number and/or email, contact your school offices during the school year or district offices at 734-424-4102 or email@example.com. If you have more than one student, you will need to contact each office, or you can contact the main office and that will be distributed to all relevant buildings.
What is my student's PowerSchool ID? Why can't I log in to see his/her grades?
- Your student's PowerSchool ID is on the top of their report card, or you can contact the school office to get it over the phone.
- PowerSchool Parent and Student Access starts when students are in 5th grade. You will be sent a letter with the student ID and your login information at the beginning of their fifth grade year.
- If you lose your credentials or are unable to login, please contact your building secretary,
How do I sign up for emails from my student's teacher/the principal/the district?
- Dexter Community Schools uses Blackboard for messaging. This system draws information from our student record software. At the beginning of the school year, all families are required to review their student information, including phone numbers and emails, in the Back-to-School Gateway. If you have a change mid-year, contact your school office as noted above. The mailing lists for classes, buildings, and the District are automated. Staff create groups each year or semester for specials and extracurricular groups, so contact the specials teacher or program coordinator if you aren't receiving those a few weeks after school starts (it takes a while to set them up).
What do I do if I am not receiving messages?
- First, check your email spam folder, and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- Next, contact the school office to check your contact info. They will also be able to see if messages are being delivered in the Blackboard system or if there is an issue. During the summer, contact central offices: email@example.com or 734-424-4102.
SUMMIT LEARNING RESOURCES
- Introduction to Summit Learning
- The Science of Summit
- Projects and Match (with video)
- Mentoring (with video)
LOG INTO SUMMIT AS A STUDENT OR PARENT
Getting to Know Your Chromebook
Navigate THE Summit PLATFORM as a Student
CREEKSIDE PINNACLE CLASSES USE THE CANVAS OR LINCOLN LEARNING (BUZZ) PLATFORM.
All Creekside students use Chromebooks.
VIDEO INTRODUCTION TO CANVAS
GETTING STARTED WITH CANVAS
Lincoln Learning (BUZZ) ONBOARDING
There is a full menu of short videos to help families and students learn more that focus on platform navigation, course content and features of Buzz at this link: Lincoln Learning/Buzz Tutorial.
Getting to know your chromebook
Dexter Community Schools use PowerSchool to manage student records. Parents and students can login and view class assignments, grades, etc. by going to this link: PowerSchool Login. You will need your student's ID. Parents are also assigned a login by the school; the building secretary can help you with those numbers.
- Please note: PowerSchool is not available year-round for parent access. During the summer, we have a maintenance period and in August, it is unavailable until the new school year has been activated.
- Parents can set up notifications for grades, missing assignments, etc. by making those selections when logged in to PowerSchool.
- Parents cannot edit contact information in their student's PowerSchool record. The email you include for notifications is not connected to your student's permanent record. To update your email or phone, please contact your school office. To update everything including home address, use the Change of Address Form.
PowerSchool Mobile App
PowerSchool Mobile app gives parents and students access to real-time information on grades, attendance, assignments, scores, and comments. With a clean, easy-to-use interface and intuitive design, the app allows parents to monitor their child's proficiency on standards and register to receive immediate alerts specific to their child.
Getting Started with PowerSchool Mobile
(Requires iOS 7 or later for iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®, or Ice Cream Sandwich version 4.0 or greater)
Download the appropriate app to your device. Use the following links:
- iTunes PowerSchool Mobile App (for iOS devices)
- Google Play Powerschool Mobile App (for Android devices)
Open the app and enter the Dexter Community Schools district code when prompted: FZWJ
Trouble Shooting: Please visit the PowerSchool Parents FAQ and scroll down to the Mobile App items.
Yearbooks & School Photos
(more info coming)
- Creekside Intermediate yearbook orders are online only, due by the end of November. Yearbooks are distributed at the end of the school year.
- If you have photos to share or questions about the yearbook, please email Kirsten Butler.
- To order, visit: jostens.com
To Join a Google Classroom:
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Sign in with your School Email.
- At the top right, click the plus sign, then click Join. Enter the class code.
5th Grade Band:
5th Grade Choir:
5th Grade Orchestra:
6th Grade Band:
6th Grade Choir:
6th Grade Orchestra:
Instruction in Reproductive Health is offered to students in grades 4-12 and is taught by certified teachers who have received special training. As required by the State of Michigan School Code, the curriculum is developed under the guidance of the Reproductive Health Advisory Committee, a Board-appointed committee. The committee includes parents, guardians, teachers and interested community members. Questions about reproductive health instruction should be referred to the building principal of the school your child attends.
Each year parents are given notice of when Reproductive Health classes will be taught. Parents/guardians have the opportunity to review the content and materials. Materials are available for review in each school’s office and/or during an evening meeting that is held prior to instruction. The choice to participate in Reproductive Health is up to each child’s parents/guardians, who have the option of excusing their child from the reproductive portion of the curriculum.