- All Creekside students have a teaching team of two teachers for core academic classes. (Usually there is a teacher for Math/Science and another for ELA/S.S. but sometimes homeroom teachers teach both math and ELA and then switch for only Science and Social Studies).
Music - Band, Orchestra, Choir and MORE music: Music teachers will have a meeting for families when school starts in September. They will share information at that time about how to choose an instrument. We encourage all 5th grade students to choose a music. Music class is held 2-3 days a week and Flex Classes take place the remaining days.
Flex Classes: Students will have an opportunity to explore multiple extension classes throughout the year. Student will share their interests with their classroom teacher and teachers will place students. Examples of Flex classes include - Kitchen/Garden classroom, Makerspace, Robotics, Drama, Board Games, and Mindfulness.
RTI: Is a special Flex class for students who need extra support in the areas of reading and math.
Extended Day: Is an after school support class for students who need extra time or re-teaching in certain subject areas.
- 8:00-9:15 Math
- 9:15-10:15 Reading/Writing
- 10:15 -11:15 Special Area (Lifetime Fitness, Art, World Language, or Media)
- 11:18-11:58 Flex/Music/RTI
- 12:00-12:40 Recess/Lunch*
- 12:40-1:40 Science
- 1:40-2:00 Recess
- 2:00-2:50 Social Studies
*Students get an opportunity to go outside for fresh air and activity each day (weather permitting) before lunch.
Creekside Learning Paths: Pinnacle & Summit
- 2020-2021 Learning Environment Descriptions (summary document)
- Creekside Crew 2020-2021 (narrated presentation)
- Summit Learning (narrated presentation)
- Pinnacle Learning (narrated presentation)
Technical notes: these presentations are best viewed in Chrome. When you click on the link, you will see the "back end" of the slideshow. Click on the Present button at the top right corner of the screen to start the slideshow with narration (make sure your audio is on). Click your mouse to advance to the next screen when the narration is done. To exit a presentation, click the escape button on your keyboard.
Lifetime Fitness - 18 weeks
Since we see students 5 days per week for 60 minutes per class, students will change into activity clothes for Lifetime Fitness.
Students will learn…
- A variety of object control skills (dribbling, throwing, striking, serving, etc)
- Personal/Social Responsibilities
- S.M.A.R.T goals setting through Fitness “Besting”
- Health, fitness, nutrition, and wellness concepts
ART 9 weeks
- Students create projects that include drawing, painting, sculpture, and ceramics.
- 5th grade is based on American Artists and 6th grade is based on Ancient Civilizations.
- Emphasis is placed on critical thinking, creativity and craftsmanship
- One design thinking project is taught in each grade.
- Projects are assessed using rubrics and students earn E, M, P, C.
MEDIA - 9 weeks
- In media, students use our powerful iMacs to learn multimedia concepts based upon the ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) standards, and are also given a chance to explore the over 23,000 books in the Creekside library. In addition, we touch upon introductory robotics and coding.
- Students are given a weekly time to check out books during the other special area rotations, as well.
WORLD LANGUAGES - 9 weeks
- 6th grade Spanish is an exploratory course.
- Use the National Foreign Language Standards.
- Themes: Vocabulary, Geography and Culture.
- Students will be exposed to several Spanish grammatical structures with individual and group practice through games, role-play and movement.
- The Spanish class has an emphasis on students reading, writing, listening and speaking in Spanish.
- Mandarin - 5th grade only